Re: Which to Choose; Absolute Encoders or 92 mm Stowaway

thefamily90 Phillips

I have one of the older Mach 1s which I love and is still performing wonderfully. I too have wished as with my AP 900 and 1200 it could be broken down into two pieces.

Jim

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of tallman.doug <tallman.doug@...>
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 12:25:50 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Which to Choose; Absolute Encoders or 92 mm Stowaway

If we could somehow split the Mach2 so that the heaviest part is less than 30lb, is that worthwhile?

Sorry to pick up this old thread, but I will wholeheartedly cast a vote for being able to split the Mach 2 into separate pieces.

When I image from the backyard I need to carry all my equipment up about 8-9' of stairs. I found that it is doable with the Mach1, but the 42 lb. weight of the Mach 2 has me a little worried. I'm not a big guy, and have had a minor knee surgery and three major hip surgeries (last one just 10 days ago), with the prospect of a few more down the line. Anything towards reducing the Mach2 mount weight is music to my ears.

-Doug