Re: Which to Choose; Absolute Encoders or 92 mm Stowaway

tallman.doug

If we could somehow split the Mach2 so that the heaviest part is less than 30lb, is that worthwhile?

Sorry to pick up this old thread, but I will wholeheartedly cast a vote for being able to split the Mach 2 into separate pieces.

When I image from the backyard I need to carry all my equipment up about 8-9' of stairs. I found that it is doable with the Mach1, but the 42 lb. weight of the Mach 2 has me a little worried. I'm not a big guy, and have had a minor knee surgery and three major hip surgeries (last one just 10 days ago), with the prospect of a few more down the line. Anything towards reducing the Mach2 mount weight is music to my ears.

-Doug