Hi Rolando,
   Thanks for the info. That's the reason why I didn't do anything. I'll call George tomorrow.

cytan

On Sunday, May 17, 2020, 03:05:11 PM CDT, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Worm tooth mesh is only one of several possible reasons why the RA axis could rock back and forth. One reason, other than worm mesh, is that the end play nut has come loose and needs to be tightened up. This nut holds the worm bearings in place and can be reached by removing the small round cover on the side of the gearbox.

The problem with trying to get answers on a user group is that there is never any meaningful information, we only hear about the symptoms. However, if you call George by phone, he can run you thru a series of checks that can pinpoint what is really happening. George is available to help AP users on regular business hours, so either give him a call or send him an e-mail and set up a time when you can be at your mount.

From: Frank Widmann via groups.io <fjwidmann@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Sun, May 17, 2020 2:42 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Advice needed: I can rock RA in Mach1GTO (very small), should I adjust?

AP has a procedure for adjusting the mesh between the worm and the worm gear that will eliminate the play in either axis. The play is easier to detect in RA because of the large moment arm provided by the counterweight shaft. Declination should be checked to if it has been a while. The procedure is available on line under Support.

Frank

On May 17, 2020, at 8:47 AM, Peter Bresler via groups.io <PABresler@...> wrote:

I also noted some play in the RA in my Mach1. I tried the lever adjustment but it made no change. The entire gear box moves a little.