Re: Advice needed: I can rock RA in Mach1GTO (very small), should I adjust?

Frank Widmann

AP has a procedure for adjusting the mesh between the worm and the worm gear that will eliminate the play in either axis. The play is easier to detect in RA because of the large moment arm provided by the counterweight shaft. Declination should be checked to if it has been a while. The procedure is available on line under Support.

Frank

On May 17, 2020, at 8:47 AM, Peter Bresler via groups.io <PABresler@...> wrote:

I also noted some play in the RA in my Mach1. I tried the lever adjustment but it made no change. The entire gear box moves a little.