Re: Adjust CP4 Clock Frequency

Craig Young

Ray,
No problem, let me know if you want to discuss further offline.

But as I said above, it is not really necessary because ATrack provides excellent tracking with whatever condition the scope/mount are in.  APCC tracking is not that robust, it blindly sets the tracking rate, based on a model, with no feedback.  Given any factors not accounted for accurately in the model you should not expect a perfect tracking solution.  Both ATrack and autoguiders use feedback to correct tracking rates.  So rather than try to research the source of the tracking error it is a lot simpler to let ATrack or an autoguider correct for it and not use a tracking model.

On the other hand, if you are working on improvements to an unguided solution and need a test site I would be glad to help.  ATrack is both a correction tool but also an analysis tool.  Because it gives you the exact tracking rates required for unguided imaging, you can compare the values with a modeled approach and see where the problems are.  The goal of the model should be to provide tracking as good as ATrack or an autoguider.  The problem with an autoguider is it doesn't tell you what the tracking rates should be .. ATrack provides that.

But hopefully a model solution will be coming, and from what I have heard over the last year, it might be coming from AP.  Looking forward to it.

Craig