Re: Just for fun with AP1200GTO

Geert

You can't imagine in how many ways my name was already written, especially my surname ;-)

Geert

Op di 5 mei 2020 om 17:23 schreef Thomas Fischer <manusfisch@...>:

Sorry GERRT, darn autocorrect!

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 10:55 Geert <geert.vandenbulcke@...> wrote:

Hello,

On 2 May 2020, over a period of 4 hours I took 120 images, each 60s exposure and 60s interval with a 150mm refractor at 1093mm focal length, unguided with my AP1200GTO mount, periodic error correction enabled.  So the mount was just running without autoguider inputs during this period.  This was to measure the changing brightness of a HADS variable star GSC3810-1553.

As I had all those images anyway, I wanted to see how much the mount drifted in this 4 hour period, so I stacked the first and last images and measured a drift in RA of 14.08 arcseconds in RA (3.52"/h) and 66.56 arcseconds in Dec (16.64"/h).  This star is at +55° declination.

I suppose a mount with optical encoders would probably do better, but for me this is largely well enough.

The image stack can be seen on https://astrob.in/pve8nm/0/

Best regards from Belgium,

Geert Vandenbulcke

For more info visit www.bullguard.com