Re: AP1200 and TPoint

Yves Laroche

Hi!

In the Astro-Physics manual "GTO KEYPAD CONTROLLER" section "Using TheSky
Software V. 5.00.014" p.52 , Software setup 4) Initialize your telescope,
there is a mention to forget about initialize the telescope with GTO mount.
I read it before so I never doubt than it will cause this kind of behavior.
It's a good new to know than It will work now without short mapping run. A
special thank to Ray.

Yves laroche

unvat001 wrote:

Ray,
YOU DA MAN! Tonight I Initialized my scope, told it to go to
Castor, and it nailed it! Right on the crosshairs! Hopefully this
was not just a lucky fluke. I'll report back to the group if I have
any more problems. I have never "initialized" before, and I have
never had such fantastic results!!!
I wonder why I never heard of this before. Generally I read
manuals pretty closely. I wonder if it is in the 1200 User's Manual,
and I just missed it. I also don't remember seeing it in TheSky
manual. I would think this would be something they would want to put
in bold with asterisks. Mike Shade, myself, and I'll bet a few
others have been going crazy trying to get our wonderful hardware to
work with our wonderful software.
If I never learn another thing from this group, this has made it
all worth while.

Clear skies to all!
Pat Madden
--- In ap-gto@..., "Ray Gralak" <ray@g...> wrote:
Hi Pat,

After you link to the telescope go to the menu item:

Telescope -> Options -> Initialize

There you can press buttons to set the local date, time, long/lat,
and GMT.

-Ray