Re: Getting Files from Remote Systems

Mark Striebeck

I use Google Drive in a similar manner: map my imaging directories to Google Drive directories and they get backed up automatically. I also keep my local machine that I'm processing the data online, so the next morning all images are locally available.

I also have a "Staging" Google drive directory where I store all my images from objects that I'm still working on. On my local machine, I go through the files, delete the bad ones and move the good ones to Staging. While I can now process them there further, this will also delete the files on telescope computer making sure that it doesn't run out of harddrive space.

And all the file transfer stuff happens in the background, i.e. I never have to wait. And the files are automatically backed up in case one or both machines die.

     Mark

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 2:36 PM Craig Anderson <craig@...> wrote:
Yep. I configured ACP to write data directly to DropBox folders unique to the requesting user, project, and object with filenames built around date, time, object, binning, exposure, and temp. I have ACP save the RAWs as well. Then the data just flows over as it comes in and I can preview, process, and enjoy at home. Works great.

-Craig

On Apr 30, 2020, at 5:32 PM, Wayne Hixson via groups.io <wayneh9026@...> wrote:

So you map the imaging scope folder and your local computer folder to DropBox with auto sync?

On Apr 30, 2020, at 2:05 PM, Craig Anderson <craig@...> wrote:

I use DropBox. Works great!

-Craig

On Apr 30, 2020, at 4:52 PM, Wayne Hixson via groups.io <wayneh9026@...> wrote:

Looking for ideas on ways to get image data from remote sites. I’ve got an Eagle 3S running my system and storing data on its hard drive. I then connect from my local pc the next morning and download the data. With my current 26 megapixel 16-bit camera each sub is 51MB. With short subs that can add up to multi-gigabytes. I’m wondering if there is a way to incrementally transfer the files as they’re created using one of those folder real-time sync programs? Or other solution?