Re: Mach1 CP3 pier crash!! (Similar to CP4 crash in another thread)

Roland Christen

The Pyramid has an internal overload breaker. It resets automatically but it takes some time to reset.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Apr 28, 2020 7:21 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach1 CP3 pier crash!! (Similar to CP4 crash in another thread)

If you unscrew the bottom plate (underneath), you'll see two big capacitors. It's usually one of them that 'goes'. You can buy these for around $1 and replace it yourself very easily. I've done that with two of my pyramids, then I got 'smart' and got a better power supply.

S

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Michael 'Mikey' Mangieri <mjmangieri@...>
Sent: Tuesday, 28 April 2020 8:13 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach1 CP3 pier crash!! (Similar to CP4 crash in another thread)

I use pyramid supplies on all my equipment. Mine have overload protection. Typically they shut down when overload is detected. Turn them off, wait a bit, then back on. But it may depend on the model you have. 

On Apr 28, 2020, at 8:10 PM, Michael Hambrick via groups.io <mike.hambrick@...> wrote:

Does the power supply have overload protection ? You may be lucky and only have to replace a fuse.

Best Regards

Michael Hambrick
ARLANXEO
TSR Global Manufacturing Support
PO Box 2000
Orange, TX 77631-2000
Phone: +1 (409) 882-2799
email: mike.hambrick@...

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.