Re: Bad images _Bouncing stars

Mike Shade

I have had a similar problem with my 1600.  I run ACP...everything runs along fine...would shoot a series of R, G, B frames.  All of them are fine except there will be several in a row where the mount oscillated in RA-the star is there but there are "ears" where it oscillated.  Intermittent, which as you know are the hardest problems to DX.  No clouds or anything.  Have you seen what you mount can do unguided as a base?  Is everything smooth meaning cables and such?  Imaging train snug?

Mike J. Shade

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com

In War: Resolution