From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dan Simpson
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2020 7:45 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] AP 1200 won't unpark via APCC

Sorry, got tied up with some non-astro stuff. I thought it would take longer, the Log Zipper is very nice, very quick,

I've attached my zipped file. It's almost 9000K, let me know if it goes through.
Thanks,
Dan

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 8:52 PM Ray Gralak <groups3@gralak.com> wrote:

Dan,

Are you having a problem getting the logs zipped? I can only wait a little longer then I have to work on
something else.

-Ray Gralak

APV2Driver_Connect. Hope
> I got that right.
> All good, mount is showing Parked, position 5.
> Tried Unpark in APCC, V2, no response.
> Opened AP Jog. Connected, no response.
> Went to the keypad, hit menu to escape EXT mode, selected a site, pushed S direction key for a moment,
mount
> moved.
> Back to the computer and the bottom bar showed sidereal tracking.
> Sill unresponsive to Move Scope buttons, nothing.
> AP Jog, no response when I tried to move scope. Message: Wrong Tracking State"
> Tried Parking using ACPP, no response.
> Tried Parking using V2. Total runaway to the north side of pier. No response from Emergency Stop
window, had to
> move quickly and de-power.
> Currently regrouping.
> Couple photos attached
> Side note: cant find the ....10 V2 version at the website.
> Thanks for the help,
> Dan
>

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 4:20 PM Ray Gralak <groups3@gralak.com> wrote:
>

> Dan,
>
> Some strange things: The driver show NO firmware version, and ascom park status shows "Parking".
> Because of the multiple mount types and versions that APCC and the driver must handle having NO
firmware
> version can cause weird behavior.
>
> To isolate the problem:
>
> 1) Uncheck Auto-connect in the APV2 driver section of APCC.
> 2) Disconnect the AP V2 driver from APCC and all ASCOM client applications so it shuts down.
> 3) Open the AP V2 ASCOM driver setup and make sure the correct mount type (AP1200) and
GTOCP4 are
> selected.
> 4) Start APCC separately first instead of having the driver start APCC.
> 5) Make sure you are running VCP4-P01-13 or later version of firmware in your CP4. If not, upgrade to
it.
> 6) Start the AP Jog program and use it to connect to the driver and don't connect anything else to the
driver.
> 7) Confirm the correct firmware version shows in the driver.
> 8) Perform your park/unpark tests again.
>
> -Ray Gralak
> Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://www.astro-physics.com/apcc-pro
> Author of PEMPro V3: https://www.ccdware.com
> Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://www.siriusimaging.com/apdriver

V2
> without
> > problem. But when I click the Unpark button the scope using APCC the APCC screen does not
show the
> scope
> > as Unparked. The Park button remains grayed out and the Unpark button remains active - but no
matter
> how
> > many times I click on the Unpark nothing changes. The weird thing is the scope is indeed tracking, it
is
> visibly
> > moving at a tracking speed. Also, the bar across the bottom shows the scope is tracking at sidereal
and
> the yellow
> > tracking/parked/stopped info display in the Telescope Position section shows as Tracking. However,
> can't get the
> > scope to move using the APCC buttons in the Move Scope section. I've pasted a screen shot of
APCC