Re: AP 1200 won't unpark via APCC

Dan Simpson

Hi Everyone,
Ok, got APCC and V2 off of the autoconnect.
Checked and verified V2 is setup for AP1200, GTOCP4
Verified firmware is VCP4-PO1-13. It flashes on startup but goes blank after maybe a second.
Closed everything down, depowered the mount and started over. Nothing else running except APCC, V2 and my browser
Powered up the mount, opened APCC, clicked on Mount_Connect. Then clicked on APV2Driver_Connect. Hope I got that right.
All good, mount is showing Parked, position 5.
Tried Unpark in APCC, V2, no response.
Opened AP Jog. Connected, no response.
Went to the keypad, hit menu to escape EXT mode, selected a site, pushed S direction key for a moment, mount moved.
Back to the computer and the bottom bar showed sidereal tracking.
Sill unresponsive to Move Scope buttons, nothing.
AP Jog, no response when I tried to move scope. Message: Wrong Tracking State"
Tried Parking using ACPP, no response.
Tried Parking using V2. Total runaway to the north side of pier. No response from Emergency Stop window, had to move quickly and de-power.
Currently regrouping.
Couple photos attached
Side note: cant find the ....10 V2 version at the website.
Thanks for the help,
Dan

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 4:20 PM Ray Gralak <groups3@...> wrote:
Dan,

Some strange things: The driver show NO firmware version, and ascom park status shows "Parking". Because of the multiple mount types and versions that APCC and the driver must handle having NO firmware version can cause weird behavior.

To isolate the problem:

1) Uncheck Auto-connect in the APV2 driver section of APCC.
2) Disconnect the AP V2 driver from APCC and all ASCOM client applications so it shuts down.
3) Open the AP V2 ASCOM driver setup and make sure the correct mount type (AP1200) and GTOCP4 are selected.
4) Start APCC separately first instead of having the driver start APCC.
5) Make sure you are running VCP4-P01-13 or later version of firmware in your CP4. If not, upgrade to it.
6) Start the AP Jog program and use it to connect to the driver and don't connect anything else to the driver.
7) Confirm the correct firmware version shows in the driver.
8) Perform your park/unpark tests again.

-Ray Gralak