Re: AP 1200 won't unpark via APCC

Ray Gralak

Steve,

I’m in the same boat and have, for now, edited my startup script to not start APCC.
The ACP issues you are having have nothing to do with APCC.

APCC cannot cause the exceptions in ACP that you sent me via private email.

-Ray Gralak
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://www.astro-physics.com/apcc-pro
Author of PEMPro V3: https://www.ccdware.com
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://www.siriusimaging.com/apdriver

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Reilly
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 3:31 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] AP 1200 won't unpark via APCC

Dan,

I’m in the same boat and have, for now, edited my startup script to not start APCC. I also had issues with ACP
which Bob and I have worked on. I think Tim Long addressed an issue as well with ACP. Not sure where the
issue lies but I think it may be a common event in both. One of Bob’s problems was with security levels when
sending ACO email notifications. I also had a lockup when changing filters on a run. When it went to switch from
blue to luminous it crashed instead of taking the pointing exposure, or was waiting but regardless I could only
abort by means of the Task Manager which puts Scheduler in simulator mode when it restarts. Something is
amiss but I haven’t been able to do much testing with the weather, clouds and rain, and it appears that Monday
may be my next chance if forecast holds.

This is basically saying I have no idea what this issue is but I know of at least 3 others having it. With APCC not
running I can operate, at least unpark and run.

-Steve

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Simpson
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 5:53 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] AP 1200 won't unpark via APCC

I've been enjoying good results using my older AP1200 (ser. # 1200410) for a year or so now. I upgraded last year
to a CP4. I generally use ACP for automation and am using APCC and the V2 driver. The problem reared up
starting last week while using ACP as I began to have trouble with plate-solving errors. The scope/mount wasn't
pointing anywhere near where it should have been. First thing I did was to simplify and take out all of the
complications so all of my recent troubleshooting has been manual, no ACP.

I think I'm up to date with both APCC (Ver. 1.8.0.9) and AP V2 ASCOM 5.30.09.

The problem shows up on startup. I power up the mount and then open and connect APCC & AP V2 without
problem. But when I click the Unpark button the scope using APCC the APCC screen does not show the scope
as Unparked. The Park button remains grayed out and the Unpark button remains active - but no matter how
many times I click on the Unpark nothing changes. The weird thing is the scope is indeed tracking, it is visibly
moving at a tracking speed. Also, the bar across the bottom shows the scope is tracking at sidereal and the yellow
tracking/parked/stopped info display in the Telescope Position section shows as Tracking. However, I can't get the
scope to move using the APCC buttons in the Move Scope section. I've pasted a screen shot of APCC and V2 at
that point.

One other piece of information is that the keypad continues to function. I'm able to Unpark and Park as well as do
Goto's to objects in the the keypad catalog. I did find I can use V2 to send the scope to all Park locations (but not
using APCC) however the scope does not actually Park as it then continues to track out of the Park location.

I know I'm forgetting some details, I was up all night working on this. I am certainly open to any all suggestions.
Thanks in advance,
Dan

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.