From: "David via groups.io" <phrosty5@...>
Date: 4/23/20 2:41 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Which to Choose; Absolute Encoders or 92 mm Stowaway

I would love it if you made another smaller mount.  Hopefully one as accurate as the Mach1.  I picked up a small iOptron CEM40 as a little grab and go mount that complements my 1100.  Its so light and easy to setup, its a pleasure.  It’ll easily carry 25 lbs for imaging.  I got this because there was nothing from AP in this size, but I sure wish there was.  Please make another small one…maybe a little brother to the Mach1.  Dont need encoders on something that small, just something as accurate as the Mach1 would be great!
Plus, you now have a price point hole where the Mach1 was before.

David

On Apr 23, 2020, at 3:55 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

The MACH1 GTO is 31 lbs
Interesting. I just weighed the two components of the Mach1. Ra weighs 17.20 lb. Dec weighs 11.95 lb. for a total of 29.15lb. That's without the dovetail plate which can weigh +- depending if it's the short one or the long Losmandy one. That's about a pound and half more than the 1100 RA axis alone. Hardly a back breaker.

I also weighed an older 400 GTO mount which came in at 19.5 lb. We had people throwing heavy long 6" refractors on it, so that's why we replaced it with the larger Mach1. Maybe we need to go back to making a newer version of the 400 for use with more modern short focus imaging refractors and the smaller (8 inch) SCTs.