Re: Which to Choose; Absolute Encoders or 92 mm Stowaway

Robert Chozick

No stated limit. Whatever falls somewhere in between the two items.  I generally do not ever pick up anything heavy. My back is not great.

Robert

On Apr 23, 2020, at 1:18 PM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

What's the max weight you would carry?

From: Robert Chozick via groups.io <rchozick@...>
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Apr 23, 2020 1:13 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Which to Choose; Absolute Encoders or 92 mm Stowaway

I have a 900 and I think the ability to split the axis for lower weight to carry makes a 900 or 1100 much more portable than the Mach 1 or 2. One of the reasons I changed from the Mach 1 to my 900 was because the Mach 1 was too heavy for me to carry.   I wish the Mach 2 was made with a split axis. For that reason I could never own a Mach 2.

Robert

On Apr 23, 2020, at 12:41 PM, Michael Hambrick via groups.io <mike.hambrick@...> wrote:

Thanks Bill. I do love my 1100 mount, and will likely never sell it.

I had a similar dilemma a couple years ago when I posed a question to George whether to get a better mount (I was using an A-P 800 at the time), or to get a better camera. He advised me to sell my 800 mount and get the 1100. That was very good advice and I have never regretted the decision to get the mount.

As you mentioned in your previous post, it often turns out that the financial controller releases more funds later on. This is exactly what happened before. I bought the 1100GTO mount, and then about a year later she let me upgrade my camera.

Isn't it funny how most of the financial controllers are female ? I know that at least for my case I would probably be broke if I were the financial controller :>)

I still have the old 800 mount that I need to figure out what I am going to do with it.

Best Regards

Michael Hambrick
ARLANXEO
TSR Global Manufacturing Support
PO Box 2000
Orange, TX 77631-2000
Phone: +1 (409) 882-2799
email: mike.hambrick@...

From:        "Bill Long" <bill@...>
To:        "main@ap-gto.groups.io" <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Date:        2020-04-23 12:25 PM
Sent by:        main@ap-gto.groups.io

Do not sell the 1100! It is the best mount A-P makes for all around use IMHO. VERY portable, excellent and spacious cabling system, support for encoders, high weight capacity, and the list just goes on and on.