Re: Which to Choose; Absolute Encoders or 92 mm Stowaway

dvjbaja

Guess I'm really odd.  In over 40 years of imaging, I've never needed a mount with absolute encoders and I have had a wee bit of success with my images.  Always go for the gold!  The Telescope!  Sell your 1100, get the Mach 2.  Problem solved. In fact, that's my decision. I have a new 1100 but if the Mach 2 has the load bearing capability as described, it's smaller size would make life a little easier.    ;-)

J. Gleason.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 10:12 AM Brian Valente <bvalente@...> wrote:
I guess i am the odd one out - i would pick the encoders

you have some great scopes there, time to put them to even better use!

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 9:34 AM M Hambrick <mhambrick563@...> wrote:
I am somewhere on the waiting list for one of the 92 mm Stowaway refractors, and I currently own an 1100GTO mount without absolute encoders. Someday, lady luck may finally shine her light on me and I will get notified that there will be a Stowaway available for me to order. I am also seriously thinking about upgrading my 1100 mount with the absolute encoders. The financial controller at my house tells me that I have to pick between the scope or the mount upgrade. I would be interested to hear comments from the other members which they would choose. I do almost exclusively imaging, and I already own two nice refractors; a recently upgraded Astro-Physics 180EDT, and a Tele-Vue NP101is. Choices. Choices

--
Brian

Brian Valente