Re: AP 1600 minimum move/MAXIM?

Mike Shade

One additional question...I am using Maxim 5.18 to guide the 1600GTO through the CDK 17.  As I understand it, Maxim has built in declination compensation (I am also using an Optec Gemini rotating focuser).  I also use ACP to run everything.  ACP also has guiding declination.  Curious if the declination compensation in ACP is not needed and might be causing some conflict with Maxim with RA guiding.  Reason is that I get ever so slightly out of round stars in the E/W direction, just a few pixels but enough to notice (.63"/pixel).  Always in the E/W direction.  I suspect a guiding issue as this system will do a 5 minute unguided image near the zenith with round stars so I am not suspecting polar alignment, PEC curve issues, gear mesh.

I did bump the minimum move in Maxim from .01" to .02", might need to go a light bit more perhaps.

Mike J. Shade

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com

In War: Resolution