AP 1600 minimum move/MAXIM?

Mike Shade

Have a first generation 1600GTO/Planewave CDK 17/SBIG STL6303E camera, permanent observatory setup.  Guiding with the internal guider on the camera, ST237 chip.  Main imaging scale .63"/pixel unbinned, guider binned 3X3, guiding at 1X sidereal.

Curious as to what folks have found to be a useful minimum move setting in Maxim for guiding (I'm still using V5.18) with a 1600?

Using ASCOM to guide, not the guider relays.  ACP runs the whole show.

Looking for what folks have found to be a starting point.  Seeing here tends to run about 2", sometimes a bit better, sometimes a bit worse.

Thanks...

Mike J. Shade

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com