From: Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...>
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Apr 21, 2020 3:30 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] RAPAS on Mach2

Even if one adjusts the counterweights to avoid the RAPAS when imaging in the east, it looks like a pier flip to an object just to the west of the meridian will cause the top of the dec. axis to strike the RAPAS.  It is hard to tell though just using photos.

Also, why does one even need to use the park positions with the Mach 2?  The mount is always supposed to know where it is.  So I would think that you could just put the mount in a position where the OTA or the counterweights aren’t in the way of the RAPAS, set the alignment and then just initialize the mount from that position, or wherever else you choose to place it.
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/