Re: RAPAS on Mach2

Bill Long

The picture solved the puzzle.

Park 2 works great, that is what I always use when going out to align with RAPAS. Takes me a few minutes and I am back indoors and getting aligned further with PEMPro, which doesnt take much time to do. The the model gets running and I have a beer. ūüôā Or in lockdown mode, I have Spindrift Sparkling Lemon water.¬†

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Terri Zittritsch <theresamarie11@...>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 11:57 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] RAPAS on Mach2

To all with Questions on Mach2 RAPAS.    It can not be left on the mount in use, period.    If you don't put a weight at the top of the bar, it will clear the mount by some amount (I didn't measure, maybe 3/4"+-).   So basically do not use the top 1/2 or inch or so, you can check for those that get a Mach2.  Something to add to mount directions.    You can not move the mount right (east direction for those in the north).    I was using it with the weight at the top of the bar.     I will probably tape that or block it off somehow so I never go there again.    SO at least I can go west without hitting anything.   But it must still be removed in use.

Thanks for the person who recommended Park2, I've never used that one.. but I think that will work.   Park 4, 5, and 1 will not.   Park 1 can avoid hitting the RAPAS, if there is no weight at the top, but then the weight bar would be in the direct line of sight I believe of the polar scope.    Park 4,5 would hit the RAPAS housing (not the optical tube).   I'll take some pictures.

Terri