Re: RAPAS on Mach2

Woody Schlom

Bill,

Yeah, I was with you not understanding how it could be possible to hit the RAPAS with the CW’s until somebody mentioned that the RAPAS doesn’t mount on the Mach2 the same way it mounts on the Mach1. 

Now that I think about it, I do think I once saw a photo of how the RAPAS mounts on the Mach2 and I thought it looked very odd.  Since I don’t anticipate ever being able to update to a Mach2, I didn’t pay it much attention at the time.

Woody

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Long
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 10:35 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] RAPAS on Mach2

I really need to see a picture of this.... 

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Terri Zittritsch <theresamarie11@...>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 10:30 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] RAPAS on Mach2

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 01:01 PM, W Hilmo wrote:

“My head does not allow me to get my dominant eye (right eye) into the RAPAS with a telescope installed.”

I put my mount into Park 4 when using the RAPAS to polar align.  That gets the scope and cabling well out of the way.

Hi Wade, that would likely result in a collision.   You must be talking about a different mount than the Mach2.    I don't see how any park position, other than Park 3, that can be used.. and Park 3 doesn't allow my head to get in there.   Granted, I'm not 'dainty', but I also don't have a head like Andre the Giant either.    I rotate RA every so slightly west from Park 3 to do polar alignment.

T

Terri

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.