Re: RAPAS on Mach2

Terri Zittritsch

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 01:01 PM, W Hilmo wrote:

“My head does not allow me to get my dominant eye (right eye) into the RAPAS with a telescope installed.”

I put my mount into Park 4 when using the RAPAS to polar align.  That gets the scope and cabling well out of the way.

Hi Wade, that would likely result in a collision.   You must be talking about a different mount than the Mach2.    I don't see how any park position, other than Park 3, that can be used.. and Park 3 doesn't allow my head to get in there.   Granted, I'm not 'dainty', but I also don't have a head like Andre the Giant either.    I rotate RA every so slightly west from Park 3 to do polar alignment.

Terri