Re: Mach2 quick update

Dean Jacobsen

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 08:24 AM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> wrote:
Hi Astronuts,

Just a quick update on the progress of Mach2 mounts. We are still working at AP to get mounts out the door. Although the factory itself is shut down for now, we have a number of employees working at home assembling parts and sub-assemblies for the mounts. Fortunately our suppliers are still able to ship parts such as motors, bearings, gears, fasteners, so we are in good shape there. I'm doing all the final assemblies and testing, which is coming right along. We should be able to ship more out in the coming week, so please be patient.

Meanwhile I am also testing the mounts under real sky conditions with a fairly big scope and camera so I can make some guidelines on the best way to do guided and unguided imaging. More on that later.

Roland Christen
Astro-Physics Inc.
These quick updates are greatly appreciated.  I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would appreciate a quick note as to how things are going whenever you have time.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/