Re: RAPAS on Mach2

Mike Shade

Thanks...the old method of drifting is a major pain but seems to work well for me and my setup.  It seems to change ever so slightly over the year, likely metal heat cycling in the AZ summer heat.  The PW 17 is a workhorse, when I check polar alignment I also check collimation.  That seems to hold pretty well, haven't had to tweak in a bit.  I also have AP scopes as well, those are cycle off and on of my old 1200GTO.

Curious as to where you were thinking of looking for property...that might be a topic for off-list though.

Mike J. Shade

Mike J. Shade Photography:

mshadephotography.com

In War: Resolution