Re: APCC equivalent of hand controller "re-calibrate"?

Richard Spencer

Rolando, thank you--it sounds like you are saying that there's no problem as long as APCC is launched?  However, I don't know whether my "synchs" (e.g. through Sequence Generator Pro, or Cartes du Ciel), operate "through" APCC, or directly from those programs.

Rick

On Friday, April 10, 2020, 04:17:12 PM EDT, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> wrote:

You can "sync" thru APCC, it won't cause a problem even if you are upside down.

From: Richard Spencer via groups.io <rgspencer@...>
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Apr 10, 2020 2:05 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] APCC equivalent of hand controller "re-calibrate"?

Dear All,

I am doing counterweight up imaging to extend tracking time; in the hand controller manual, we are told never to "synch" with CW up, but rather to "re-calibrate" to improve pointing accuracy.

But I'm not using the hand controller; I'm imaging with my computer set-up, with APCC running along with all the other necessary software for acquisition, guiding, ....

Is there an equivalent to "re-calibrate" in APCC (or elsewhere)?  I am trying to improve go-to accuracy in the CW up position.

Currently, I'm "synching" on some bright star CW down, and slewing to my object with a meridian delay so I achieve CW up, but with marginal accuracy (at best; I have to plate solve to figure out where I am, and this can fail if I'm too far away from the "supposed" RA and Dec coordinates).

Many thanks,

Rick Spencer
Elkton, MD
AP 1100 mount