From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Wayne Hixson via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 9, 2020 11:35 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Autoguiding with a Sky Model in Place?

I recently completed my first APPM model with my Mach2. It really appears to help my pointing and guiding, with
round stars on 5-minute unguided subs. However when I tried to introduce guiding with PHD2 or MaximDL, using
the same settings as before, my RMS jumps to 1ā€ or more where I was getting under 0.6ā€ without the model. Iā€™m
using an OAG with Ultrastar on a 130GTX and f/6.7 field flattener. Any suggestions? Maybe just go without
guiding? I like to use for minor corrections and dithering.

wayne