Re: Autoguiding with a Sky Model in Place?

Phillip Klein

Hi Wayne,

Recently, I upgraded to APCCPro and used the pointing model as well. While tthe PhD2 guiding graph did improve t(flatten) he RMS value remains around 1" like your experience. I would be interested to learn if there is something I can do to improve the guiding.

Thank you,

Phillip

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 11:34 AM Wayne Hixson via groups.io <wayneh9026=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I recently completed my first APPM model with my Mach2. It really appears to help my pointing and guiding, with round stars on 5-minute unguided subs. However when I tried to introduce guiding with PHD2 or MaximDL, using the same settings as before, my RMS jumps to 1” or more where I was getting under 0.6” without the model. I’m using an OAG with Ultrastar on a 130GTX and f/6.7 field flattener. Any suggestions? Maybe just go without guiding? I like to use for minor corrections and dithering.

wayne