Re: Autoguiding with a Sky Model in Place?

Roland Christen

Contact me directly so that our software engineer and myself can study your results.

From: Wayne Hixson via groups.io <wayneh9026@...>
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Apr 9, 2020 1:34 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Autoguiding with a Sky Model in Place?

I recently completed my first APPM model with my Mach2. It really appears to help my pointing and guiding, with round stars on 5-minute unguided subs. However when I tried to introduce guiding with PHD2 or MaximDL, using the same settings as before, my RMS jumps to 1” or more where I was getting under 0.6” without the model. I’m using an OAG with Ultrastar on a 130GTX and f/6.7 field flattener. Any suggestions? Maybe just go without guiding? I like to use for minor corrections and dithering.

wayne