Re: Custom Tracking Rates

Hi Brett

As a slight aside, if you are imaging the comet, most of my friends who are doing that are using standard sidereal tracking and then handling the integration of the stars and the comet in processing (PixInsight has a comet integration capability which looks pretty straightforward). If you use comet tracking your comet will be fine but your stars will be blurred out.

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 10:49 AM Brett Hardy <hardy.brett7@...> wrote:
The  Astro-Physics V2 Driver has the ability to create custom tracking rates.  I would like to create one for Comet C/2019 Y4 Atlas.  Ephemeris data is needed to do this, but I am unsure on how to create the custom R.A. and Dec. rates from this data.

I do not do any guiding and do not want to get into that right now.  If anyone could provide the steps necessary to create a custom rate, I would be most grateful.

Brett

--
Brian

Brian Valente