Re: Mach1 Unable to Find Home Position Suddenly

Mikko Viljamaa

The CP3 is bone dry, nothing wrong there. On another positive note, the mount tracked well all night again as far as I can tell and had parked itself spot on. This is the second night in a row. The start was as bad as the other night (below right and remember that the correct position is close to Meridian) and it's almost like the initialization goes wrong somehow (or doesn't always happen) but I don't know how to verify this. Only after I power off everything including the SGP things seem to improve and when I do a trial slew and it comes back close enough (that same 1/4" typically) I know that if I start the sequence, it probably will plate solve and do it's thing. That's what happened yesterday also.

The photo on the left taken during the daylight was one when the mount was supposed to park itself from 3 to 4. Not pretty...