Re: Mach1 Unable to Find Home Position Suddenly

Roland Christen

I starting to see similar issues when the control panel had moist in it and when the mount starts slowly to slew and suddenly speeds up.
What's a control panel?

From: Mikko Viljamaa <mikko.viljamaa@...>
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Apr 3, 2020 5:48 pm
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach1 Unable to Find Home Position Suddenly

No keypad, nor did I have a small enough Allen wrench to check the small worm gear screw. But I used a marker to mark it and the axle to see if they have moved after a slew or two. No movement and as said, I don't think this is a mechanical issue. As a a matter of fact, I starting to see similar issues when the control panel had moist in it and when the mount starts slowly to slew and suddenly speeds up. This happen twice now tonight for the first time. Also and I don't know if I have been able to confuse the whole thing but after playing with the mount now for awhile and asking it to park 4, it will hit the pier. That's how much off it is now.

i'm out of ideas at the moment.

- Mikko