Re: Help! I just crashed my new 1100 into my step ladder!

Tyrel Smith

Thanks Don. I tore in to it after my first post and got if fixed. I did basically what you said. The middle gear has a hex bolt behind it that controls how much it is meshed with the worm gear. Apparently the crash knocked this out of whack and the mesh wasn't happening. The middle gear has holes in it so you can stick an allen key through the gear and loosen that hex bolt to remesh. I just hope I got it tensioned correctly. Sounds normal under slew, but I'm a little concerned about my pec curve. I'll follow up with the A-P folks tomorrow, but for now I'm up and running.