Re: USNO A2.0 Catalog Source?

Wayne Hixson

Thanks!

On Mar 21, 2020, at 3:53 PM, Greg Hartke <ghartke@...> wrote:

Hey, guys,

FWIW, I had to reload guide star catalogs at the end of 2019 and I contacted Bob Denny directly. At that time, he sent me to the second link Wayne listed below, so I would say Bob’s recommendation on this is current. I could not get the anonymous ftp to work, so I wound up downloading UNSO A2.0 from http://usnoa2.dc3.com/. Painful, but it did work.

Regards,

Greg

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Worsel via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2020 6:47 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] USNO A2.0 Catalog Source?

Wayne

I believe that USNO A2.0 is not available

https://www.usno.navy.mil/USNO/astrometry/information/catalog-info/catalog-information-center-1

Note tht Bob Denny's recommendation to use this catalog is several years old.

http://forums.dc3.com/showthread.php?4694-Downloading-and-Using-PinPoint-Reference-Catalogs-(Updated-December-2013)&p=25419#post25419

Are you seeking a catalog for platesolving to position a mount or for something that is more precise, e.g.astrometry?

Bryan