Re: RAPAS App

Charles Thompson

I agree Robert, choosing the correct overlay on settings is critical. However, if you have the wrong one you will know immediately. The apps definitely remember the last position and take a few seconds before the dot moves to the new current position. The Android app linked from the AP RAPAS website is the best one I've been able to find. Thanks everyone for all the responses. 

Thanks,
Charles

Sent from mobile device.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 3/21/20 3:13 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] RAPAS App

These apps (I use the PC version as well as the Android version) have settings for different polar alignment scopes brands and models. I use both the RAPAS for my two AP mounts as well as an Ioptron Sky Guider Pro. It is very important that you use the correct setting on for your mount as some use a mirror in the image train that flips the image....and others are straight through. Also note that when you first launch these apps they will show Polaris position different than what it actually is since I believe it remembers the last time it was used. Once launched wait until it connects with the GPS signal for the correct location on Android devices. I don't have Apple so no sure how that works for them.

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.