From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Wayne Hixson via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2020 11:46 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] APPM Model Creation Problem

Ray, would the fact that I'm using a OSC camera with Bayer matrix make a difference?

Wayne Hixson, Stargazer
<http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/04.gif>

On Friday, March 20, 2020, 08:41:05 AM PDT, Ray Gralak <groups3@gralak.com> wrote:

Wayne,

Assuming you have set up image scale accurately in APPM have you tried setting up All Sky plate solving as a
backup for when the normal plate solve fails? It's an option in APPM's plate solve tab. This helps if the problem is
just that the mount coordinates are not very close to sky coordinates.

There is also a feature in APPM to perform test plate solves on the plate solve tab. You can use that to make sure
plate solving is working since each plate solver is different. If you are using APCC 1.8.0.9 you can set the camera
type in APPM to "NASA Sky View" for daytime testing. It will download an image in the proper image scale using
the mount's RA/Dec pointing position. Not many people seem to know about that. :-)

Anyway, that's all I can think of for now. I'm probably not going to be available again until this evening, but I can
help you more at that time if you still can't get any further. In that case It would be great if you could use APCC's
log zipper to capture logs and send me a private email with a dropbox link to the zip file.

-Ray Gralak