Re: Astro-Physics status during IL shut-down

Wayne Hixson

But you guys are an “essential business”!

Thanks for letting us know and making lemonade from lemons.

Wayne

On Mar 20, 2020, at 4:44 PM, Marj Christen <marj@...> wrote:

Hello astro-nuts,

The governor of IL just announced a “stay at home” order policy for non-essential businesses from Saturday, March 21st at 5pm through April 7.  We anticipated this possibility and developed a plan to continue as normally as possible to support our customers and ship products.

Roland, Karen and I will be working at AP. Roland will continue to complete the final assembly and testing of Mach2GTOs and 92mm Stowaways.  Karen and I will pack, as needed, and whatever else we need to do.

Office and technical staff will be working remotely from home to answer your questions or take your orders. Although someone will be answering the phone, we ask that you communicate primarily via email if you can.

Our machining and finishing processes will be impacted as well as local subcontractors who anodize and engrave for us. We look forward to having them back at work as soon as possible.

Please be patient with us through this time. We are all in uncharted territory and adapting to changing circumstances on a daily basis.

All of us at AP extend our best wishes for your health and safety. As a wise person told me recently, treat everyone with kindness and compassion, keep your spirits up as we will get through this together…and wash your hands.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd