Re: Mach1 Unable to Find Home Position Suddenly

Donald Rudny

Hi Mikko,

Just throwing out an idea here, but do you have an ipad or iPhone?  If you do, you could buy SkySafari or Luminous (they’re pretty cheap) to control the mount and take your computer and plate solving out of the link.  You can run through a number of go to slews and see if it parks in the same place.  If you align to a known object, you can evaluate your go to as well.  If that works, it’s not the mount.

I only use APCC to initiate and then connect my CP4 to an iPad for control.  It works perfectly and is pretty much a no brainer.

Hope this helps.

Don

Don Rudny

On Mar 20, 2020, at 7:09 AM, Mikko Viljamaa <mikko.viljamaa@...> wrote:

Ray I just wanted to let you know that I "escalated" this issue by contacting A-P via e-mail asking help. This in case you didn't see it yet. I feel like I have an issue with the Mount and not with the Platesolving or anything else. Either the clutches are slipping or something else is wrong but the Mount just doesn't slew where it's supposed to. As you guessed, reinstalling the driver did not actually solve my problem and the Mount is again slewing past the park-3 position and does the same thing with any target I have. Hence the reason why Platesolve does not work as the Mount is so much off.

Thanks,

Mikko