Re: How to Raise AP1600 Height

John A. Sillasen

Glow tape is a great idea in addition to your wanting to raise everything with a pier extension.  I use both on my Mach 1, although I never considered putting the tape on the CounterWeights.  Definitely going to do that now that it's been brought up here.

I put the glow tape and it does have a tiny green tinge to a beige/white appearance in the light.  I put it on my Eagle Pier legs with the extra extension. I also have a Musicians Friend practice stool. Its solid black steel with a movable seat in slots in the steel. Very easy to miss in the dark. I went to sit back down on it after being just too close to the CounterWeights and shaft at Cherry Springs State Park last year. Missed the chair completely and ended up on my butt!  It was past midnight and the skies were starting to go right after that so I decided to pack it in as I knew I was going to be sore in the morning!

Definitely going to put that tape on each CounterWeight!  Thanks for the tip!

My ATS Portable Pier for my 1100 is all white so the tape won't be as obvious but still going to do it - definitely on the CounterWeights as well.

John A. Sillasen