Re: Mach1 Unable to Find Home Position Suddenly

Ray Gralak

Hi Tom,

So , to be clear, if I am out in the field and using my CP4 and hand controller with the older firmware (not mach 2
new) and I am using an older atlas that has J2000 coordinates I need to convert them to JNOW before entering on
HC? Be kind, you are dealing with a pilgrim here. Tom FIscher, Indy
From the keypad's manual:

Important Note: When you enter custom R.A. and Dec. coordinates they should preferably be entered as precessed
coordinates (JNow or Topocentric coordinates). The Keypad automatically precesses objects in its database, and any prior
ReCals will have been done on precessed coordinates. However, the keypad cannot know the epoch of the coordinates
that you are entering, so it only applies the small refraction transformations. Therefore, for accurate pointing, you will want
to maintain consistency and enter precessed coordinates.

-Ray Gralak