Re: Keypad Upgrade for Using Mach2

Terri Zittritsch

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 08:21 PM, Robert Berta wrote:
Terri Zittritsch You can run Sky Safari on Windows 10 platform..
Robert, thank you for the response.. just seeing it now.
I currently have ski safari pro on my macbook and my IOS devices (IPAD and iphone) so will likely not purchase another platform license.    I've been suffering with Cartes du ciel on my PC, but it is stable, and I like stable over just about everything else.  Suffering is the wrong word given it's free, and quite powerful (just slow and not very pretty).    Stellarium is prettier, much faster and nicer interface, but isn't as stable with it's add on connectivity program.   I was hopeful that the wireless sky-safari connection would work reliably, so not good to hear that you experience ethernet wifi drop outs.     But, I also have a skyfi module (one of the early units).    When it comes to tech-things, I tend to be an early adopter, and suffer for it.     It connected into the handsets of my meade or atlas mounts.  I wonder if there's a way to connect via the serial ports of the CP5 controller??

Terri