Re: Mach2 and APCC last night

Terri Zittritsch

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 09:43 AM, Cheng-Yang Tan wrote:
Hi Terry,

FYI, although I don't have a Mach2, I have an AP1100 with absolute encoders. For me, the PHD2 rms guide errors are *strongly* dependent on seeing conditions. Last week on 06 March, when the seeing was terrible around here, even with encoders, the guiding was ~0.9 arcsec rms! But on Sunday night, 15 Mar, guiding was very good ~0.3 arc sec rms because the seeing was good. So although encoders help with getting rid of PE, don't expect miracles if seeing is bad.

YMMV

cytan
Cheng-Yang,  Thank you for agreeing with my feedback,  I am pretty pleased with the results on the Mach2 operation so far.. I think some others are questioning the results and I'm providing the best answers that I can.     But others, like yourself, with more experience can provide better answers.

Terri