How to Raise AP1600 Height

Jack Huerkamp

I currently have an Astro-Physics Flat Surface Adapter for 1200GTO or 1600GTO Mounts attached to a 3/4" steel plate that is bolted to a dual lifting column system I made.  When extended to their maximum height and aimed toward the south, the counterweights and shaft are right at head height, and I have inadvertently walked into them in the darkness of the observatory  on far too many occasions.  I would like to raise the mount 8" to 12".  Does AP sell an extension cylinder that will drop into the flat surface adapter and that will receive the base of the AP1600 mount?  If so, I have not found it on the AP website and I would appreciate receiving the link to it.

Yours truly,

Jack Huerkamp