moderated Re: Time to enjoy astronomy and nature

thefamily90 Phillips

Dale Gent.
You know nothing about being a Pathologist so stop telling me what I should know.

I know this. I know that we are aware of how many people have died from the virus but we are not aware of the number of people who have been infected. So, if you say the death rate is 2% because two people have died and you know that 98 others have tested positive for the virus you might think you know what you’re talking about. My belief is that it is incurrent to think that only the 98 others who tested are positive but more like 998 others are positive and therefore the death rate is much less. We don’t know because we don’t have enough tests available to see what the infectious rate really is.

I’m just trying to do my part to stop the hysteria. There’s nothing wrong with taking normal hygienic precautions as you would against any type influenza.
Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Hong Kong Flu and on and on. All have come and gone and this too shall pass.

Mark 90 days on your calendar and I’ll be happy to discuss this with you again.

Remember Churchill’s words:
“The only thing to fear is
FEAR itself”

As long as no one attacks me directly again I will not comment further.

Jim Phillips

From: thefamily90 Phillips <thefamily90@...>
Date: 3/16/20 9:44 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

I am a Pathologist and am board certified in Anatomic Pathology, Dermatopathology and Clinical Pathology which includes microbiology and virology. My opinion is not cavalier. My opinion is that the risk is being far overblown by the media. When 60,000 people die in the US every year from influenza I am not impressed so far by the lethality of the Coronavirus. I could be wrong and taking precautions is wise but this is not the Bubonic Plague.

From: "uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io" <chris1011@...>
Date: 3/16/20 1:34 AM (GMT-06:00)

We're flying back tomorrow. I don't anticipate any problems. Ohare is a breeze, get off the plane, head for the bus and we are on the way home. There are no lines coming out of Ohare, it's a straight shot to the Rockford bus.