Being a pathologist, you would also recognize that the bubonic plague and its death rate happened when science, personal health, and healthcare systems were more than just a bit less than the calibre we enjoy today.

Being a pathologist, you would also recognize that certain populations are more susceptible than others, and thus the effects and their severity are not linear across the entire population. One young, otherwise healthy person with mild symptoms or presents asymptomatic can still expose someone else who will have great difficulty and need medical care.

Being a pathologist, you would also know that there is no really good way to quantify whether one did too much to stop the spread of infection... but you will know if you did too little.

On Mar 16, 2020, at 12:44 PM, thefamily90 Phillips <thefamily90@hotmail.com> wrote:

I am a Pathologist and am board certified in Anatomic Pathology, Dermatopathology and Clinical Pathology which includes microbiology and virology. My opinion is not cavalier. My opinion is that the risk is being far overblown by the media. When 60,000 people die in the US every year from influenza I am not impressed so far by the lethality of the Coronavirus. I could be wrong and taking precautions is wise but this is not the Bubonic Plague.

Get Outlook for iOS
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of David via Groups.Io <phrosty5=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 12:28:37 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Time to enjoy astronomy and nature

This cavalier attitude is what will kill many people, and shows your astounding lack of understanding of epidemiology. Avoiding others is paramount right now.

On Mar 16, 2020, at 11:48 AM, thefamily90 Phillips <thefamily90@hotmail.com> wrote:

Yesterday more people died from falling down stairs than from Coronavirus

Get Outlook for iOS
From: "uncarollo2 <chris1011@aol.com> via Groups.Io" <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: 3/16/20 1:34 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

We're flying back tomorrow. I don't anticipate any problems. Ohare is a breeze, get off the plane, head for the bus and we are on the way home. There are no lines coming out of Ohare, it's a straight shot to the Rockford bus.