moderated Re: Time to enjoy astronomy and nature

thefamily90 Phillips

Yesterday more people died from falling down stairs than from Coronavirus

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Charles Thompson via Groups.Io <cthomp97@...>
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 4:56:03 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Time to enjoy astronomy and nature

Please be careful and don't touch anything. Carry hand sanitizer and stay away from people! You all riding the bus worries me. Take care and safe travels!

Thanks,
Charles

Sent from mobile device.

-------- Original message --------
From: "uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io" <chris1011@...>
Date: 3/16/20 1:34 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

We're flying back tomorrow. I don't anticipate any problems. Ohare is a breeze, get off the plane, head for the bus and we are on the way home. There are no lines coming out of Ohare, it's a straight shot to the Rockford bus.

Rolando

-----Original Message-----
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Mar 15, 2020 3:29 am

Thanks Marj Good advice.

Are you and Roland still in Hawaii ?

They were showing the immigration lines in Chicago this morning on the news. The wait is several hours long. Fortunately, when you come home you will not have to go through immigration, but the airport will likely be a circus. On the upside, I expect that after the initial rush of people trying to get into the country from the EU, things will slow down a lot. Your biggest risk will be that they cancel your flight due to lack of travelers. I suppose if you are going to get stuck somewhere I can't think of a better place than Hale Lalani Hoku.

I count myself very lucky. I was scheduled to fly home from Germany on Saturday, but decided on Wednesday to fly home a day early. Luckily I did this a few hours before they announced the travel ban, and I got home OK with surprisingly little problems. I am currently in self-quarantine for 2 weeks.

Daleen is planning to ship my upgraded 180 EDT on Monday. If the weather cooperates I hope to spend some time outside with my scope during my quarantine.

Join main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.