Re: Mach2 and APCC last night

Wayne Hixson

Excellent report Terri. We had a pretty clear night, but it was fairly breezy, still got better than 0.6" over 4 hours and a low target. I also use APCC meridian limits but in my case it's to cause a flip early. My "postage stamp" observatory on my eastern back deck is partially under my eaves of my house and the mount tracks under the eaves before the meridian. If I flip an hour or so before the meridian i can track over the eaves and get 3 extra hours. I use Voyager software to run everything and it handles centering, guider calibration and control, and focusing so I can sleep a bit - although I do get up just to check every once in a while! Really love the mount so far.

Wayne