Re: GTO CP3 connection problem via COM port in Windows 10

Bill Long

I recently bought a used Mach 1 with CP3 V2, and I cannot reproduce this issue on Windows 10.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Henry Kwok <henry.ck.kwok@...>
Sent: Saturday, March 14, 2020 6:48 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] GTO CP3 connection problem via COM port in Windows 10

Hi Ray and Peter,

Voyager must run in administrator mode.

The person on the Voyager forum is me. Leo has fixed most of the problem for me. As it turns out, most of the problem was due to the upgrade process from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have since done a clean install of Windows 10, and after Leo tweaked the settings everything is working 99% of the time now.

The only exception is the problem I described above i.e. the driver will not connect to the mount on the first attempt after a reboot, but will connect subsequently without changing any settings between the 1st and 2nd attempts. Therefore I know it has nothin to do with COM port selection. It is almost as if it needs one attempt to wake up something (hardware or software I am not sure).

The problem does not appear limited to Voyager as it will also happen with APJog (which I set to administrator mode) as well, therefore I think it is a problem with hardware-driver interaction and I have elected to post here rather than on the Voyager forum.

Cheers

Henry