Re: Mach 1 Question

Dale Ghent

Grats on the expansing A-P arsenal. Yeah, you need to get one of the three varieties of 1.875" diameter CW shafts here:

https://www.astro-physics.com/mach1-upgrades-parts/

If your Mach1 came with CW shaft and shaft safety stops that lack the delrin washer, ask A-P to send you a set as well.

On Mar 9, 2020, at 8:43 PM, Bill Long <bill@outlook.com> wrote:

Hey all,

Just picked up a used Mach 1 mount to take place of my Paramount MyT I had as my second mount. Nothing against the MyT, I just like my A-P mounts better. Anyhow, I want to be able to use the existing counterweights I have for my 1100. In this case do I just need the bigger bar, and nothing more -- or do I need to replace something else as well?

Looking forward to getting this lovely used mount out for a fresh curve and some good imaging nights with the iDK. One more question would a 10" iDK weighing in at about 45-50 pounds fully loaded be fine on the Mach 1? Its a pretty compact scope, so I would think so -- but it doesnt hurt to ask.

-Bill