Re: Notified!😍 #mach2gto #Mach2GTO

Joseph Beyer

Terri,

I set up each time I image with my Mach1 and recently started using APCC-Pro/APPM.  I use Backyard Nikon, CdC and PHD2 to control the mount and camera and behind these APCC is completely transparent.  As Bill, Roland, Ray and others have mentioned APPM is straight forward to setup and really takes no time from your imaging session.  The improvement in pointing and tracking is amazing.  Given the short exposures I use with my camera, PHD2 really does little anymore except show the seeing conditions.

Joe

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 10:14 AM Ray Gralak <groups3@...> wrote:
> Ok, thanks Ray.    I understand the APPM benefit but didn't think it was for those of us using the mount in a
> portable fashion.    So I have some questions into George on results.

You can always start APPM after twilight before it gets dark enough to image.

Depending on your camera download time and plate solve time you should be able to get 2-3 points per minute. Thus, 50 points easily in 30 minutes (25 points per side).

-Ray Gralak