From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cheng-Yang Tan via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, March 8, 2020 11:04 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Does APCC 1.8.0.2 update disable encoders?

Hi Ray
I've tested 1.8.0.4 this morning and it works. AE tab values all filled in correctly.

FYI, when I clicked on the update button on 1.8.0.2, it said there were no updates. Instead, I just downloaded the
update via your link and installed it.

cytan

On Sunday, March 8, 2020, 08:55:06 AM CDT, Ray Gralak <groups3@gralak.com> wrote:

Yes, mine is also off when I startup. But also, I noticed both yours and mine show the home positions as -100H
(HA) and -100 degrees (DEC). Does that mean the AE function needs to be initialized or calibrated? Also,
seems
like those numbers are a bit extreme and should be limit checked in the software to something like +/- 6 hours
for
HA and 0 degrees for DEC.
Those are the default uninitialized values which just weren't getting updated. The new builds, 1.8.0.4 and .5, fix
this.

-Ray Gralak
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): http://www.astro-
physics.com/index.htm?products/accessories/software/apcc/apcc <http://www.astro-